Managing donor data comes with some operational challenges. Beyond features you would expect from a data platform, such as creating a single donor view, providing data insights and setting up fundraising campaigns, there’s also the practical need of managing incoming bank transfers and online donation flows, direct debit payments, tax certificates… and making sure the donor care team has first-class tools to access all the relevant donor data and financial details.
“Operational fundraising challenges are often taken for granted or simply underestimated, but experience shows that a fundraising team can only reach its targets when… the team has time to focus on raising funds.”
For over 30 years we have supporting Belgian charities to manage their donor data: for their marketing needs and for their more operational needs. The latter are often taken for granted or simply underestimated, but experience shows that a fundraising team can only reach its targets when… the team has time to focus on raising funds. Too often team members have to spend too much time uploading data, checking or correcting bank or online donations, or searching – simply to find the correct information to answer a donor’s question.
Moreover, the standards for these operational needs are very high. Let’s look at some examples:
- tax certificates need to be correct, agreed?
- linking donations to the right campaign is the first step to measuring conversion correctly
- recognition of recurrent donation patterns is key to making the right segmentation decisions
- easy data entry or updating of individual donor data makes all the difference for a donor service team
- direct debit payments have to be managed with the utmost care, that goes without saying
- loading 99% of donations without any manual intervention is a benchmark we are proud of
We support our clients with a technical dedicated support team, delivering a daily service and support on top of end-user tools designed to help the fundraising team in their daily tasks.
Doing this job as best we can, is helping fundraisers to do theirs. And they have a great job to do!