DQ Validation & Correction
Validate, correct and update
your customer data
An ongoing DQ strategy to keep your data up to date and correct
Data is not a constant. Your customer database changes as much as the customers in it.
Nowadays, all companies are de facto data driven. But data driven should mean much more than having a lot of data. Being really data driven is making sure that you secure the future of your company, using available (personal) data to service your customer in the best possible way, resulting in high satisfaction, GDPR compliancy, efficiency and a solid business strategy for the future.
It all begins and ends with good data quality management.
Black Tiger Belgium can help you with the validation, correction and update of your Belgian consumer data. With over 40 years of experience in data matching and data quality, we can support you in auditing the quality of your existing customer database and propose you clear action points for a segmented and structural improvement of the quality of your data. After thorough discussion on your business needs, we will help you in validating exactly which data elements are still accurate, which data need corrections or updates.
Black Tiger Belgium can also advise you on how to implement a data quality strategy to guarantee a higher level of quality on the personal data that you are responsible for on a continuous basis, in a cost-efficient and GDPR-compliant way.
Data Quality with a purpose
Reduce costs & increase revenue
- Optimize the efficiency of your postal communication & decrease the amount of postal returns
- Avoid the cost and risk of contacting the wrong person
- Make sure not to lose connection with your customer and miss out on revenue streams
Let your data quality strategy do the work for you
- Improving your data quality is an important investment. Let the experts support you in creating an efficient data quality strategy
- Start with an easy data quality audit, no strings attached
- On average every year 10% of the Belgian population moves, your customer database is evolving every day with new records and changes: a continuous and automated approach is to be preferred to avoid manual work
GDPR compliance supported by data quality
- As a data controller, you understand that GDPR and Data Quality go hand in hand and take necessary measures to fulfill your GDPR obligation (Article 5.1.d)
Customer Experience is key
- Customer satisfaction issues are often related to data quality issues. Increasing the quality of of your data is an important step to service your customer adequately and improve their customer experience