Black Tiger Belgium SA/NV, with registered office at 1070 Anderlecht, Researchdreef 65
Company number : 0458.662.817
Phone: 02 555 97 00
Email : email@example.com
Who does our data protection policy apply to?
This policy applies to all our prospects, customers and former customers. It also applies our suppliers and former suppliers.
Categories of data being processed
We may process the following types of data, according to our relationship with you:
- Name, first name, gender, language, job title
- Postal address, fixed and/or mobile telephone number, email address
- Details of your company: name, legal form, postal address, fixed and/or mobile phone number, email address, VAT number and company registration number, contact persons
- Transaction, contract and payment history
- Financial details (e.g. bank account number)
- Recording date and source of the information
Information provided by third parties
We may also collect information concerning you from external databases (for instance the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises, or social media platforms) in order to update your data or send you personalised advertising.
Use of your data and legal basis
With your consent (legal basis: Article 6a of the privacy legislation), we collect and process data for the following specific purposes:
- To answer questions over our website or any other communication channel
- to provide you with a commercial proposal when you ask us to do so
- To send you the newsletters to which you have subscribed, or to manage your participation in our marketing campaigns.
You may withdraw your consent at any time (see below, “Exercising your rights”)
In the context of quotation requests or the performance of your contract (legal basis: Article 6b of the privacy legislation), we collect and process data for the following specific purposes:
- To execute your contract or handle your quotation request
- For the general administration of our customers and suppliers, including accounting, the handling of disputes and lawsuits, recovery or transfer of receivables, and the protection of our rights in general
Where we have a legitimate interest in the context of our marketing activities or in the context of the practical performance of our economic activities (legal basis: Article 6f of the privacy legislation), we collect and process data for the following specific purposes:
- To contact you for the purpose of marketing our products and services, where appropriate on the basis of your marketing profile
- In accordance with the law, we may send you our commercial communication via email or send you our newsletter informing you about our activities on the basis of your implicit consent if you gave us your email address when a contract has been concluded. You may object to such use at any time (you can easily unsubscribe by clicking on the link at the bottom of each email).
- To conduct surveys, tests and analyses (including customer or market surveys) with a view to improving our products, internal procedures and overall service
- To perform statistical or trend analyses for financial management, marketing or reporting purposes
- To prevent or combat fraud and abuse
To meet the legal requirements we must comply with (legal basis: Article 6c of the privacy legislation):
In certain cases, we are also subject to legal obligations requiring the processing and/or transmission of certain personal data to the administrative authorities or institutions appointed by law.
Transmission of your personal data to third parties
Your data may be communicated to third parties in the following cases:
- To our subcontractors in the context of services we ask them to perform on our behalf (e.g. our IT subcontractors, email platforms, debt collection agencies, etc.) and solely in accordance with our instructions
- To our legal successors
- To companies belonging to the same group for similar purposes
- To certain authorities in order to comply with our legal obligations
Transmission of data outside the European Union
Your personal data will not be may be transmitted outside the European Union (EEA).
How long will your data be stored in our database?
Your personal data will not be kept for longer than is necessary for the intended purposes. The retention period may vary according to the purpose for which the data are processed.
|Prospects||3 years after the last contact|
|Customers||10 years after the expiry date of your contract This retention period does not apply if you owe an unpaid debt to Black Tiger Belgium. In this case, your data will be kept for as long as the debt remains outstanding.|
|Suppliers||10 years after the expiry date of your contract|
|Archiving||Your personal data may also be kept longer for other purposes, for instance to comply with our legal obligations (e.g. accounting and tax obligations) or if we need to submit certain information as evidence in a lawsuit. Access to archived data is restricted.|
Security of your data
We make every effort to take the organizational and technical security measures that are appropriate and necessary to protect your data and to respect your privacy, in particular in order to prevent the loss, unlawful use or modification of the information that we collect.
Our staff who have access to your data are made aware of the fact that they are processing personal data that are protected by law, and may only access those data insofar as is necessary to carry out their duties in a proper manner.
Description of your rights and how to exercise them
Right of access and rectification
In accordance with the privacy legislation, you have the right to access your data. You also have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate information concerning you or to complete incomplete information.
Right to withdraw your consent
If you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data, you may withdraw that consent at any time.
Right to object
You have the right to object to the processing of your data at any time and without having to justify your decision; in other words, you may ask us to stop using your data for marketing purposes (to send you commercial offers) and for drawing up marketing profiles based on your data (to send you commercial offers which we think that will correspond best to your interest, based upon your marketing profile). You also have the right to object to the transmission of your personal data to third parties for the same direct marketing purposes. You also have the right to object to the processing of your data based on your particular situation, in all cases where we process your personal data in accordance with our legitimate interest
Right to erasure
You also have the right to request that your data be erased entirely from our database in the cases specified by law.
Right to restriction of processing
If you contest the processing of your data, you may request the restriction of processing of your personal data. In this case, we will cease to use your data until the dispute has been settled.
Right to portability of your data
You may request the portability of the data which you have communicated to us. In this case, we will transmit them to the recipient of your choice.
Exercising your rights
You must send us a request in writing. We reserve the right to ask you to prove your identity (in order to avoid disclosing your data to other persons).
You can write to the following address: Data protection officer (B2B), Researchdreef 65, 1070 Anderlecht or send an e-mail addresses to firstname.lastname@example.org (in this case please specify that you have a request as a customer/prospect/supplier).
If you ask us to supply that information in electronic form, we will reply by electronic means as well, unless you specify otherwise.
In accordance with the privacy legislation, your request will be handled within thirty days from the moment we are in possession of all the information necessary to handle your request.
If your request is complex, this time limit may be extended by up to two months, but we will notify you in advance.
You may also appeal to the Data Protection Authority at this address: Rue de la Presse 35, 1000 Brussels, or by email at email@example.com.